* With flexible pipe (coil tubing)
* Increase the rate of marginal well production:
* Reduced formation damage
* Elimination of permeability barriers
* Improvement of the effective radius of drainage
* Diameter: 2 inches
* Length: 300 feet
* Bending radius: 30 cms
How It’s Done
* Two stages:
Drilling casing with a 11/16 inch drill.
The actual drilling of the formation hydraulic ejector with a 5 / 8 inches.
* Oriented on training and directed perpendicular to the pit through a deflector shoe
Conventional vs lateral hydraulic drilling
Design criteria and constraints
* You can build up to 10 lateral level
Rating: N – 80
Diameter: 7 inches
Weight: 29.0 lbs / ft
* Depth less than 3 100 meters
* CBL-VDL electrical Profiles
* Petrophysical data (porosity, permeability, water saturation), Thickness of Training, Production Data
* Contact Water – Oil & Gas – Oil
* State mechanical casing
Drill diameter: 11/16 inches
Material: Tungsten Carbide
* Motor background
Diameter: 1 7 / 8 inches
Weight: 14 Kg
Flow: 3-8 gallons per minute
Maximum Torque: 70 Nm
Maximum power: 1.7 kW
Maximum weight on bit (WOB): 6000 lbs
* Flexible tubing
External diameter: 0.5 inches
Inner Diameter: 0.42 inches
Length: 7500 feet, 12,000 feet, 13,000 feet
Steel Grade: 2205
* Kevlar Hose
Outer Diameter: 0.25 inches
Length: 330 feet
* Jet drilling head
Diameter: 5 / 8 inches
Design: 3 holes 3 holes forward and backward
Dissipates 40% of the energy back, 60% forward
* Parameters drill casing
Flow: 5 to 5.5 gallons per minute
Pressure: 6000-7000 PSI
Time: 1.5 hours
* Parameters of penetration of the jet formation
Flow: 1.5 to 3 gallons per minute
Pressure: 3000-5000 PSI
Speed: 15 minutes by 330 feet
Install the deflector shoe and pipe work
Installing the engine and traction unit
Installing Kevlar hose
Development of hydraulic drilling
Completion of drilling
Starting another hole at the same level
The 2nd hole
The 2nd hole on the side
Well IPR IPR vs lateral vertical depending on its length
* This new technology allows to increase the production rate and thus recoverable reserves from marginal wells.
* Applicable in small reservoirs thicknesses.
* Has a greater effectiveness in older wells and low productivity.
* Not required large and expensive well service equipment.
* No additional equipment is required for the drilling of the casing.
* No need for extra stimulation.
* The operation has an average duration of two days per well.
* Not required for making specialized registries.
* No need to change the mechanical configuration of the well.