THAI OIL RECOVERY BENEFITS
- A higher potential for resource recovery – laboratory tests and numerical simulations project 60% to 80% of the heavy oil/bitumen in a reservoir can be recovered, compared with the 20% to 50% that is recovered through other in-situ methods.
- The ability to be used in reservoirs where other steam-based recovery methods can not be used.
- Lower capital and operating costs on THAI process oil sands.
- Shorter construction period.
- The ability to produce partially upgraded heavy oil, and reduced diluent requirements
THAI Environmental benefits
- Minimal use of groundwater and natural gas.
- Reduced surface facilities footprint.
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions.
- Production of industrial quality water that can be recovered and made available to other industrial operations.
- Potential to use produced gas to generate electricity for operations.